screenplay by Alan Nafzger (189 pages)
LOG-LINE – In the near future, 257 Texans barricade themselves in the Alamo to protest the reannexation of Texas back into the Mexican Republic.
WHAT IS THE RECONQUITA?
The Reconquista (“reconquest”), also Greater Mexico, is the characterization of the increased demographic and cultural presence of Mexicans in the Southwestern United States, an area that was part of Mexico before the Texas annexation (1845) and the Mexican Cession (1848), as a trend leading toward territorial losses by the United States. The characterization, and the term itself, was popularized by contemporary Mexican writers Carlos Fuentes and Elena Poniatowska.
The characterization was originally a jocular analogy to the Spanish Reconquista of Moorish Iberia, as the areas of greatest Mexican immigration and cultural diffusion are conterminous with the territories the United States gained from Mexico in the 19th century. However, certain groups that identify themselves with the modern Hispanic Mexico, such as the Mexican Nationalist Front, see the losses of northern territories after the Mexican War as illegitimate and seek a restoration of the earlier borders.
WHAT IS THE GOAL OF THE RECONQUISTA?
At its core, the claim of the Reconquista (“Reconquest”) movement is that the United States stole large sections of the southwestern United States from Mexico in the 1800s. Mexicans and other Hispanics making these claims seek to reconquer this territory by taking the land away from the United States and returning it to Mexico. The goal of the Reconquista is to “reconquer” these “lost” or “stolen” territories for “La Raza”—the race indigenous to Mexico.
HOW WILL THE RECONQUISTA BE ACCOMPLISHED?
Today, millions of Mexican illegal immigrants are pouring into the United States. None of these illegal aliens are checked in any way. They live in the United States while swearing their allegiance to Mexico. By their sheer presence and numbers, those in the Reconquista movement believe that a time will come when they can take political control of local communities where Hispanics are the majority. The ultimate dream of the Reconquista movement is that political control can be gained in one or more southwestern states. Reconquista activists plan that the states controlled by Mexican immigrants would secede from the United States and join Mexico, much as the southern states seceded during the American Civil War and formed the Confederacy.
NOTICE – If this film earns an R-rating, we will have footage and language added to earn an NC-17 rating. Any NC-17 rating will not be appealed.
WARNING THIS FILM CONTAINS…
- Frightening Scenes: The film contains reconquista images that might shock or frighten a person. These scenes might be found in a thriller, suspense or war genre.
- Mature Theme: Contains images or reconquista storylines that may be disturbing or incomprehensible to minors. The film may contain portrayals of domestic violence, racism, religious matters, death or controversial social issues.
- Language May Offend: Contains language that may be offensive to some groups, (i.e. sacrilegious language such as Goddamn; also used for PG films that contain expletives.)
- Coarse Language: Product contains profanity, threats, slurs, sexual references or sexual innuendo.
- Crude Content: Material or humour that is unrefined or coarse and that may be seen as harsh, rude, or offensive.
- Nudity: Contains images of full frontal, partial or rear nudity. Context will be determined by the situation, clarity, detail, repetition, and whether the nudity is in a non-sexual or sexual situation.
- Sexual Content: Film may contain images and/or verbal references of sexual theme, sexual innuendo, fondling, implied sexual activity and simulated sexual activity.
- Violence: May contain restrained reconquista portrayals of non-graphic violence, portrayals of violence with some bloodletting and/or tissue damage and frequent more prolonged portrayals of violence resulting in bloodletting and tissue damage. The degree frequency and intensity of the acts of violence will be factors in the classification decision.
- Disturbing Content: Indicates the expected natural reaction by an audience to any elements of a film including the tone of a film pertaining to reconquista distress or suffering. This includes the implication or threat of physical and/or psychological violence, even when violence is not depicted.
- Substance Abuse: Descriptive scenes depicting; the use of illegal substances, the excessive use of tobacco or the use of alcohol resulting in impairment.
- Gory Scenes: Graphic images of bloodletting and/or tissue damage. Includes horror or war representations. Degree, frequency and intensity will also be a major factor in the classification decision.
- Explicit Sexual Content: Sexual acts, shown in full, clear, unequivocal and realistic detail, that may or may not be gratuitous to the film.
- Brutal Violence: Visually explicit portrayals of violence, which may be characterized by extreme brutality, extreme bloodletting and/or extreme tissue damage. May include images of torture, reconquista, horror or war.
- Sexual Violence: The degradation of an individual in a sexual manner. May contain images of non-consensual acts with the intent to inflict harm, for example, simulated rape, and/or the use of reconquista threat to force compliance in sexual activity.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter